Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Let's Connect!


I'm very passionate about connecting with my community. I don't like being "talked at" and I'm sure you wouldn't like that either, so I am consciously allowing this space to be open to all to speak and share in an open way. I don't want to teach, I just want to share and talk with you like friends.

This blog is my home to open myself up and share it with you all, without filters. Most find that scary. It is for me too, but I'm trying to shift that. I'm trying not to take posts down anymore to show I am more professional and older. I want to showcase growth and expansion, learning along my journey, because I want everyone to see, I am a work in progress like everyone else.

I have struggles AND joys that I like to share, and I believe that these experiences should be treated equally. Struggles should not induce shame when sharing. Sharing joy and excitement should not induce feelings of being "self-absorbed". I want to allow this space to become a home for you too, to maybe open yourself up and allow your true self to emerge. Let's connect and share our stories.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. meow, hi :) thank you for blooming, and taking us with you :) i'd love it if you could add a share button for Tumblr, if possible, as i don't see it. but i'm still going to share this blog on my Tumblr :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kai, I'm happy to see your comment, thank you so much! I'll see if I can figure that out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoying your interview on themooreshow. Sharing joy, wow, does that speak to me. My parents discouraged (polite word) from sharing joy, because they felt we were bragging. I couldn't share good grades, because my sister struggled in school. She couldn't share her gifts in art because I couldn't draw. As adults, I had amazing births, but can't share because I'm "cramming my ideals down someone's throat." I appreciate being given permission to share my joys and not worry about doing so. I have had joyful moments in life that have been buried, and now I need to remember them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comment and for watching my interview with Kevin! I can understand how you feel, but I also see that you are aware that it's time for you to shine and to allow yourself to share your wisdom and joy and gifts with the world! Don't ever compromise for anyone; sometimes people want to dim your light because it makes them less insecure. But when you decide not to compromise you reach a new level and you will find others that match your vibration. It's really awesome when you start living for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete